Friday, September 16, 2011

I keep thinking about waking up in the desert of Peru. It wasn't ideal, being that it was a night on a bus and although I'm only twenty, my joints and back get sore just as they would at an older age. But for some odd reason there was something invigorating about that bus ride in the morning dawn. I felt the lighting through the misted windows so I wiped them as best I could with my hand to uncover a sunrise I won't forget. It was quiet, I think I was the first passenger to wake in the scene of the fog setting in over these mountainous dunes that the road winded through. I remember thinking of how beautifully empty that part of the world is. I remember looking around at the people sleeping and wondering about their families, their work, their opinions, their dreams, how peaceful they are. I looked back out the window. I'm so far away today. Sometimes I lay awake at night and think about random snips of time where I had at the moment they were made, been deep in thought, it's like suddenly being awake in them again. If only I could live in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment