Wednesday, February 2, 2011

While We All Fade (a work in progress)

"How is it you believe to know the world, Antoine?"

"Because I created it. I am like that God you said, only I am the painter. I know her imperfections. I know where her sands crawl and her trees yawn. I know where her rivers open and her flowers blush. My divinity is simple in that it is nothing. I am everything. I am in this painting and as it feels.... heavy. I am stolen in this great sadness for I cannot fix her withering sleeves. They close at the edges and we are encased in glass. Do you know of Heinrich Heine? 'Lovely as a flower' but it hurts him. I know that. I am this world and the one looking in and we're all lost in it. There is no way out. What they see in us, never seems to change. For ages, we remain."

No comments:

Post a Comment