Friday, February 18, 2011

Subordinate & Flaw

Set me free, set me free
I want to be free
please please set me free.

I want to see,
to see how few and far in between.
The blood the blood,
on your hands is so clean.
Untouched on silver frames of snow.
And my aching body did sweat the moss.

Let me be let me be,
let me grow. Never let go.
Let me lay my body against your river
and then turn, I be your stranger.
No talk, won't speak
of all these secrets they'll smell on me.

A flower a flower
I'll be wasted hour.
All this sand all this sand
flows straight through my hand
I am I am
less than human.

3 comments:

  1. Kelly, I really like these:

    "Untouched on silver frames of snow.
    And my aching body did sweat the moss."

    Real good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I really appreciate the input since you started reading my stuff. It's refreshing to hear feedback, especially from someone who's work I respect. I'm going to check out your short stories blog when I get some spare time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely, Kelly and thank you for the kind words.

    Short stories - OK, but do so at your own risk. The format on blogger kind of sucks for fiction, plus they are older versions that have since been edited (severely, in some cases).

    If you want, go to my profile page and send me an email and I can send you the "edited" versions.

    Keep hammerin' away!

    ReplyDelete