Thursday, November 4, 2010

Blind

My eyes are gone.
I haven't lived this way.
I wasn't trained,
but it is the price I've had to pay.

They have stolen my eyes.
I tried so hard not to cry.
Their hands wrapped so well around my throat,
the only thing that was meant to be.
They told me it was better not to see,
they convinced me.
They stole my eyes.

I see only blackness.
When I walk,
I stumble over the things around me,
the things I can't have.
They are not mine,
they are like my eyes.

If I could have my eyes,
I'd look once more on the night skies.
I'd watch light turn dark
and brilliant dazzling bodies,
miles away,
They don't exist by the time they reach
my eyes.

My eyes are gone.
They have stolen my eyes.
I wish I could see you now,
with my eyes.

My eyes are gone.
They have burned my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment