Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Broken Bones & Crying Stones

The whispers through the trees,
and their dying leaves
sing. They sing for me.
And I'll lay in these lush meadows
to see a silhouette
appear on my horizon.

Although, I realize,
the dawn may never come,
this heart never seemed to fail before.
For had life sprung
from the now gone eternity,
I could have stepped into that infinite sea
shining before me.

But my palace
is the castle that falls.
And my pillows see no sleep.
But they dream
of a day when a head
will stay.

I wish I had waited
more patiently for the rain.
But the sun scorched the flesh,
down to my aching bones.

I have hoped in the depths
of a new moon night
that one day I'll lay
under ancient lights again.

And I know my broken feet
walk only on stones
but those stones belong to an existence
far greater than my own.
And I'd walk upon them for miles,
if only for one more smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment