Saturday, November 13, 2010

What Stands To Stay

Constant darkness in infinite summers
in the sweet and salty tears that glide
everyday, they'll make rivers,
rivers I can't sail on.
Be prepared to bleed,
between the lines and caged emotions
that seep from the pores and cracks in my skin.
Everyday, brace yourself, force yourself to stay,
stay awake.
It's manageable in the dreams,
to hide the hurt and the scrapes from my own attack
scratching at the doors.
Maybe it's better still, wrapped in arms that don't want
but lust, but to drink what's inside me.
Take it all away.
Chances granted in missing,
but there is no need, no purpose, no use
for these bones.
Haunted everyday, with every move,
shadows will chase me.
I see faces, looking familiar
belonging to strangers
and it rips all the life away.

No comments:

Post a Comment