Monday, October 18, 2010

Distracting Still Waters

Harmony in their existence,
they cry out for me to lead them
to the gallows and swim
in human filth.
But the tides will turn,
and I am their filth,
stripped to bone,
I am their hate, their innocence, their folly.
I have led them to their being and hung myself,
in that place.
I am not love,
I am an abstraction, or rather,
distraction.
I am not you,
but I am inside you.
I had made love to you,
on a Persian rug and sucked the poison
from your soul.
I have healed you of the beast
that brought you to me.
Birthed in the precious waters of moments,
but I am your leech,
who abandoned the excess and drinks only the life.
I am me, but I am not me,
a dream within your dream,
not a reality.
But with a fire that burns for all time,
I dance around it,
the mourning of your death.
With charms of resurrection,
dripping sour blood from my tongue.
I am bones, imprisoned in muscle,
in skin.
Hear my fatal yelps as I collapse within.
I am your mistake,
your one, only regret.
In those moments when your roof collapsed,
I passed those roses to you.
I am amnesia,
a glance, a tombstone, a relic,
antiquated youth that guessed the age.
I am your hurt,
trickling down between your thighs,
euphoric cries.
I am the mirage,
in your desert of life,
there but not there,
I wait on receding lines, you will never touch.
Yet I am still....
alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment