Friday, October 7, 2011

Thoughts From the "Material World"

George Harrison is always my favorite out of the almost miracle band that was once The Beatles. Perhaps because I see things in a similar sensual manner and because in a way I desire that spirituality that others take their whole life journey in attempt to understand it (I’m speaking of Hinduism). He understood human beings and cared genuinely for them, as do I even when I pretend not to. See, that’s my personal flaw I think as well, that’s where George is different. He had that spiritual mantra thing happening for him, so when the time came to let go of something, his mind was forward. Of course, they say he truly missed The Beatles after a long time and ended up getting involved in various groups in film and with The Traveling Wilburys in order to enjoy himself and be a collaborator again. It’s what he loved. I’m not really sure how to explain it anyway else, I mean honestly John wrote more songs for The Beatles that transcended the few George got on the records but George always has a way of reaching me, I understand his being. Every time I feel out of place in this big world that fights back at me, I can listen to All Things Must Pass or any one of George’s songs and feel all that much more connected in the world. That’s what’s so beautiful about music really, it isn’t just entertainment, it’s something that is important in reaching you.


I wish that I could explain things, in terms of my love for certain things and have them be understood so clearly and fluently as a musician can. I try in my writing but it comes out more as pain, but pain leads to the reward of seeing how wonderful of a thing it is you see before you. My animals, my lovers, even my parents who reject every effort I make to try to please them. The Hindus believe that you can only truly love one person in your lifetime, and the idea is unconditional love and it reaches above and helps you understand the love of God. I’ve always thought that was such a beautiful thing. Not that I’m going to spend all of my money to go to India and become an “untouchable” on a spiritual path to save myself. But I’m not afraid to learn about peaceful things that help people. And I’m not afraid to love the people out of reach from me, although I may have my weak moments where I fall to my knees, become some pitiful creature, it doesn’t change the fact that my heart keeps beating for the same cause even if it means I have to change the path and the way I must oversee that love. My weaknesses I don’t think are ever truly weak but rather sadness built up for the failure of myself projected onto a distant thing. It is a pity, but it means something to me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq2drqGI8-0&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment