Saturday, July 31, 2010

Persephone

There's a place I reside,
a thought in my head,
in a different body I hide,
and my demon is dead.

There's a delicate scale,
of art and of beauty,
where a spirit can sail,
and hearts know their duty.

Arms never wrap in vain,
words grow in unbreakable vines,
there can be no pain,
and no reading between lines.

But now day turns to night,
this image becomes haze,
these shackles grow tight,
and I meet the demon's gaze.

He's stronger than ever,
there will be no leaving.
I need now more than never,
and he'll keep me believing.

These bars I deserve,
for swallowing seeds of lies.
Every night he'll observe,
the pools of tears in my eyes.

This is where I belong,
he'll set me free every spring.
So how could it be wrong,
playing concubine to this king?

No comments:

Post a Comment