Sunday, November 13, 2011

Stranger.

One day I wish for things to shine


One day the kites will fly high over California cities


and remember a day back in a foreign city.


Stranger, stranger than ever you've become
and being, I want you evermore so but what's done


is done


and I am stranger too.


Distant smile


a bed


a glimpse of a momentary lapse


or flaw in the time.


I am estranged yet my heart still strikes strong


that I would never hurt


or cause such harm.


Never mind,


It will be fine in time


I'll be living inside my heart and my mind.


the deeper oceans and the deeper worlds


the ones untouchable by those


unlike us.


dear friend, what can I do?


A fierce fire still burns in my view.

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, this is one of your strongest poems that I've read! Rock on, badass.

    Sorry, I haven't gotten back to your email. I will soon. Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks. This poem encompasses about where I am mentally right now. Don't worry about the e-mail haha, it took me forever to get back to you.

    We're the slowest penpals in history...and yet we have instantaneous mail. irony.

    There's never enough time.

    ReplyDelete